university of southern california Operations And Supply Chain Management Assignment Help - Follete Inc. operates
Question - Follete Inc. operates at capacity and makes plastic combs and hairbrushes. Although the combs and
brushes are a matching set, they are sold individually and so the sales mix is not 1:1. Follette Inc. is
planning its annual budget for fiscal year 2011. Information for 2011 follows:
Plastic $ 0.20 per ounce
Bristles $ 0.50 per bunch
Direct manufacturing labor$12 per direct manufacturing labor-hour
Folette Inc. accounts for direct materials using a FIFO cost flow.
Folette Inc. uses a FIFO cost flow assumption for finished goods inventory. Combs are manufactured
in batches of 200, and brushes are manufactured in batches of 100. It takes 20 minutes to set up for a
batch of combs, and one hour to set u
p for a batch of brushes. Folette Inc. uses activity-based costing
and has classified all overhead costs as shown in the following table:
Delivery trucks transport units sold in delivery sizes of 1,000 combs or 1,000 brushes.
Do the following for the year 2011:
1. Prepare the revenues budget.
2. Use the revenue budget to
a. find the budgeted allocation rate for marketing costs.
b. find the budgeted number of deliveries and allocation rate for distribution costs.
3. Prepare the production budget in units.
4. Use the production budget to
a. find the budgeted number of setups, setup-hours, and the allocation rate for setup costs.
b. find the budgeted total machine-hours and the allocation rate for processing costs.
c. find the budgeted total units produced and the allocation rate for inspection costs.
5. Prepare the direct material usage budget and the direct material purchases budgets in both units
and dollars; round to whole dollars.
6. Use the direct material usage budget to find the budgeted allocation rate for materials handling
7. Prepare the direct manufacturing labor cost budget.
8. Prepare the manufacturing overhead cost budget for materials handling, setup, and processing.
9. Prepare the budgeted unit cost of ending finished goods inventory and ending inventories budget.
10. Prepare the cost of goods sold budget.
11. Prepare the non-manufacturing overhead costs budget for marketing and distribution.
12. Prepare a budgeted income statement (ignore incometaxes). ...Read Less
Solution Preview - No Solution Preview Available