San Diego State University Operations And Supply Chain Management Assignment Help - Model
Question - The Flamingo Grill is an upscale restaurant located in St. Petersburg, Florida. To help plan an
advertising campaign for the coming season, Flamingoâ€™s management team hired the advertising firm
of Haskell & Johnson (HJ). The management team requested HJâ€™s recommendation concerning how
the advertising budget should be distributed across television, radio, and newspaper advertisements.
The budget has been set at $279,000.
In a meeting with Flamingoâ€™s management team, HJ consultants provided the following information
about the industry exposure effectiveness rating per ad, their estimate of the number of potential new
customers reached per ad, and the cost for each ad:
Develop a model that
can be used to determine the advertising budget allocation for the Flamingo
Grill. Include a discussion of the following items in your report:
1. A schedule showing the recommended number of television, radio, and newspaper advertisements
and the budget allocation for each medium. Show the total exposure and indicate the total number of
potential new customers reached.
2. How would the total exposure change if an additional $10,000 were added to the advertising
3. A discussion of the ranges for the objective function coefficients. What do the ranges indicate about
how sensitive the recommended solution is to HJâ€™s exposure rating coefficients?
4. After reviewing HJâ€™s recommendation, the Flamingoâ€™s management team asked how the
recommendation would change if the objective of the advertising campaign was to maximize the
number of potential new customers reached. Develop the media schedule under this objective.
5. Compare the recommendations from parts 1 and 4. What is your recommendation for the Flamingo
Grillâ€™s advertisingcampaign? ...Read Less
Solution Preview - No Solution Preview Available