San Diego State University Operations And Supply Chain Management Assignment Help - Interest
Question - Question 1
1. The calculation of free cash flow contains a deduction for Answer
a. net cash flows from operating activities.
b. interest expense.
1. Which of the following situations severely limits the use of industry norms as standards of
a. The existence of conglomerates
b. A downward turn in the economy
c. The fact that little information exists on industry norms
d. The presentation of segmented information
1. A company with a current ratio of 2.4 times will see that ratio decrease when the company
a. declares a 10 percent stock dividend on its common stock.
b. converts a short-term liability to a long-term liability.
ws cash by issuing a short-term note payable.
d. pays a large current liability.
1. One reason that a common-size statement is a useful tool in financial performance evaluation is
that it enables the user to Answer
a. judge the relative potential of two companies of similar size in different industries.
b. determine which companies in a single industry are of the same value.
c. determine which companies in a single industry are of the same size.
d. make better comparisons of two companies of different sizes in the same industry.
1. The following information pertains to Jasmin Corporation. Assume that all balance sheet amounts
represent both average and ending figures.
Partial Balance Sheet
December 31, 2009
Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity
Current liabilities $ 60,000
Long-term liabilities 90,000
Stockholders' equity 150,000
Total liabilities and stockholders' equity $300,000
For the Year Ended December 31, 2009
Net sales $80,000
Cost of goods sold 45,000
Gross margin $35,000
Operating expenses 15,000
Income before income taxes $20,000
Income taxes expense 5,000
Net income $15,000
3. Jasmin Corporation had 6,000 shares of common stock issued and outstanding. The market price
of Jasmin common stock on December 31, 2009, was $20. Jasmin paid dividends of $1.65 per
share during 2009.What is the dividends yield of this corporation? Round your answer to two
decimal places. Answer
a. 9.90 percent
b. 6.60 percent
c. 4.95 percent
d. 8.25 percent
1. The equation for finding the breakeven point may be written as Answer
a. S + VC + FC = 0.
b. VC FC = S.
c. S + FC = VC.
d. S VC FC = 0.
1. At the breakeven point, the contribution margin Answer
a. minus total fixed costs equals a positive number.
b. is at a minimum.
c. equals fixed costs.
d. is at a maximum.
1. An insurance company pays its employees a commission of 6 percent on each sale. W hat is the
proper classification of the cost of sales commissions? Answer
a. Mixed cost
b. Variable cost
c. Fixed cost
d. Constant cost
1. The new Corina watch has an expected selling price per watch of $42, the projected variable cost
per unit is $24, and estimated fixed costs per month are $24,120.The breakeven point in sales
dollars is Answer
1. Using the contribution margin approach, find the contribution margin ratio for Consumer Products
if the selling price per unit is $12, the variable cost per unit is $3, and the fixed costs are $8,040.
d. 50% ...Read Less
Solution Preview - No Solution Preview Available