- Demonstrate effectively the benefits of knowledge and expertise in professional development and showcase interest in conservation and supporting digitisation
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and must have the ability to communicate about own preferred treatment options and elaborate on the implication of these options.
- Must have ability to write reports and produce effective documentation
- Must possess good time management skills in order to prioritize work
- Must possess a clear understanding of and the application of the professional ethical code to practical projects of conservation
- Should be able to work in teams and be willing and friendly with other Library technicians, so that a harmony in the work place can be maintained
- Basic computer skills and MS Office knowledge will be appreciated
- Must have the right legal elements to work in United Kingdom.
- Hello Ms. A, hope you did not have any problem reaching here. Now can you tell us about yourself?
- What made you choose library as your subject and conservation / digitisation as your special paper?
- Do you have any previous experience on such a job role? If yes, where?
- What about this job makes you interested in it? As much as I understand the job tasks require tremendous amount of patience.
- What as per to you are the strongest qualities you possess? What again, are not strong?
- What is the one aspect of your previous relevant experience, which you loved to do and made you choose it as your career?
- What was the biggest challenge you faced in your previous experience?
- How would you add on to this present job role? Do you feel you are the right candidate for this task?
- What do you feel about digital preservation? How is it going to change the future library management? Please elaborate?
- Who is there is your family? If it is required can you travel for this job? What are your expectations from this job?
- To complete effectively under supervision, the treatment of manuscripts, books and papers – the rationale of this being the core aim of a library digitisation technician is to improve the condition of manuscripts, books and papers and convert them to digital files (Conway, 2010).
- Assessment of different items and determining their digitization suitability – This is a critical aspect as choosing the right digitisation strategy is also required and every strategy does not work in every item.
- Undertaking and developing treatments to improve the condition, longitivity and the accessibility of the concerned item to enable digitization – this too forms a core job responsibility for the position.
- Making decisions which are critical about appropriate procedures to use on each of the items – As mentioned above, this is significant as not all strategies and procedures will work on all types of items to be conserved and digitised (Olatokun, 2008).
- Self management of planning and organizing effective work in order to meet project deadlines and flows of work – This is of critical importance, and the candidate should be self motivated to sustain the work flow in the library.
- Update the documentation of projects, including spreadsheets and databases – This is needed to be done for understanding which elements are already digitised and which needs to be in future so that redundant work is not done in the library (Verheusen, 2008).
- G. Order different collection items from the storage areas and working with library assistants – Digitisation and conservation is not done by one person and requires the help of several people; hence for the candidate to be an effective collaborator and communicator is of importance (Chapman, 2011).
- Assist the imaging colleagues with queries associating to collection care – This is to facilitate the process of conservation and digitisation.
- To ensure that items are stored perfectly at all times – Again, another important aspect of the job which overall promotes effective library management.
- To maintain accurate written records of individual treatments partaken, time spent, methodology and the results – To keep the office and documentation up to date and accurate
- Assist in the administrative work whenever required – To smoothen the process of operations
- Expected to have a cheerful disposition and willingness to participate in different tasks including risk management – A lot of manuscripts and papers / books might be in very vulnerable state due to age, and conserving strategies pose a serious threat to their being. Hence it is of critical importance that the job holder works with others and conducts risk management and determines the right strategies to adapt for conserving such.
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
Did you like it?
In this assignment you learned about Job Description of a Library Digitization Technician. We hope it helped you in completing your assignment. If not, then you can take custom assignment help from the assignment help experts from AllAssignmentHelp.com.