PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN
The project aim is served as a guideline for the whole project. The main aim of this project is “to educate and strengthen waste segregation and disposal in my renal dialysis unit by June 2018 for nurses and patients.”
The following are project objectives which served as a base in its completion:
- To reduce the amount of general waste in the unit by 20% by June 2018.
- To increase the number of recyclables in the unit by 20 % by June 2018
- To reduce the amount of biohazard waste in the unit by 50% by June 2018
- Reduced the quantity of general waste in the unit by 20% by June 2018.
- Increased number of recyclables in the unit by 20 % by June 2018
- Decreased amount of biohazard waste in the unit by 50% by June 2018
- A quality improvement initiative in February 2018
- A reduction in 40% of waste cost by June 2018
- Provides leadership and accountability for the green representative
The following are some determined outputs and deliverables of the project:
- Develop a training package
- Collect research based on monthly audits and finally,
- Develop a policy document
- It is believed that Project manager Rn Harpreet Kaur Aujla would be available for the project 10% (0.1 FTE) during the project span. If RN Harpreet Aujla is unavailable, another project manager would need to be allocated which could impact the budget.
- It is expected that the environmental services department would bear the costs for recycling bin from the council. Thus the budget and costing of the bin have not been allocated.
- It is assumed that staff would utilize a spare bin in the unit for the segregation of recyclables hence this has not been included in the budget.
- The project has been allocated a 2017 – 2018 budget of $10, 000
- The project needs to be completed by the next Victorian Renal Clinical Network meeting in July 2018
- The disposal of all waste must comply with infection control procedures and guidelines.
WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE
With the help of above-mentioned work breakdown structure and Gantt chart, an individual can easily understand the project deliverables. The person to whom the project will deliver further is Amanda Miles and Harpreet Kaur Aujla. They will get the overall result and outcome of the project in terms of different documents. The parties need a lot of physical and informational resources to involve in the project. These resources may include paper, pen, personal laptop, and various others. Therefore, it is right to say that the above-mentioned plan is a right explanation of the needed information.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE STRUCTURE
Working Parties: The working parties will remain responsible for supporting project activities. For example; they will perform the paperwork, design invitation form, and various others. The working parties will directly support the top management in their task accomplishment.
Consultant: The consultant plays an important role in the project. The consultant will be responsible for sharing their expertise and knowledge with project manager and top management. The consultants will measure overall project requirements and consult with external parties to receive their acceptance. Apart from this, the consultant remains responsible for the purchase of raw material, and oversees supply activities.
Project Manager: The project manager will remain responsible for taking a decision and implementing particular plans. This will perform with the hope of better outcomes and effective control. Apart from this, the project manager will also conduct the performance measure activities to analyse the performance of each party.
Steering Committee: The committee is responsible for determining project timeline, and its funding requirement. Moreover, it will also arrange fund to support the training program in order to spread awareness.
The name of project sponsor and steering committee is Amanda Miles. It is working at the position of Nurse Unit Manager.
The name of the project manager is Harpreet Kaur Aujla. The project manager also acts as a nominee for the project.
The Initiation of Green Representative in renal dialysis unit project is carried by different members of a team. It includes Harpreet Kaur Aujla, Amanda Miles, and the working committee also.
The working parties mainly consist of specialist groups. The Initiation of Green Representative in renal dialysis unit project is controlled by a set of working parties. It mainly includes planning team, suppliers, contractors, participants, and shareholders. All these working parties are working towards a common goal of accomplishing the project within determined timeline and budget as well.
The reporting will perform at the end of each month. It will frequently happen to avoid any unnecessary interruptions and delays. In order to provide the progress report to the committee, the working team will follow the below-mentioned format:
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT PLAN
HUMAN RESOURCES AND COST MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
All total budgets is set as 10,000 for the year 2017-2018 and that is referred in the Appendix 2 (Section 9.1.2)
RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN
Depending on this matrix, some major risks like,
During the training if any patient will have severe attack of health issue. It is thus marked as extreme risk as per the seriousness of the issue and that the hospital authority has to take the total responsibility for that patient. So it is cos effective as well. But it can be preventive if the condition of patient has been checked beforehand and then he or she has been taken into consideration for further demonstration.
Other extreme type of risk has been identified and that may be happened during the testing while the rules for electro-dialysis have not been followed properly. To mitigate this risk, some preventive steps have to be taken care so that there should be any mistake during the dialysis process.
The high intensity risk can be associated when the proper sanitization process does not follow after cleaning of waste products and that results severe skin problems. For mitigating these risks, the preventive actions should be taken care before clearing the waste materials.
There are many kinds of chemical products which are toxic as well as flammable in nature are handled and that can be cause allergies or other health problems. For mitigating this from contingency plan should be applied.
The one of high grading risk may be the issue with deadline of the training program. In that case extra cost has to be invested to recover the action plan and will finish the program within the deadline.
Some other risk can be associated with the hygiene maintenance of the room and for that reason if any infection can be generated.
It can be happened that the target quantity of generation of biohazards does not meet within the suitable date, in that case the deadline is needed to be increased to mitigate the proper quantity generation in case of biohazards.
There may be a communication management issue and for that reason the training program may be cancelled. A contingency plan should be provided in that case and the entire training program can be restarted. This risk measure has middle level cost expenses.
Finally, risk can be associated with the individual issues of the participants. Those are also be recovered and can be measured under human resource management.
- The guideline for Tasmanian Government Project Management includes the guidelines for Steering Committee is followed here. The term and policies are available at www.egovernment.tas.gov.au
- The Standards like AS/NZ 4360:2004 Risk Management is followed here.
- Relevant Department of Treasury and Finance policies as well as the guidelines are followed to make the policy document according to the rules given at www. treasury.tas.gov.au.
The external as well as the internal audit has been carrying out under the audit committee of medical board. The quality has been ensured and the stakeholders are represented as well as managed appropriately.
The whole project is review under the Medical Board of Sydney and thus they have the responsibility for certifying the training staff.
There is always some unplanned change which is needed to be managed. The issues are dealt within the scope of the project involved:
- The contingency plan is considered when the first plan is failed.
- The unanticipated issues have been tracked within the issues management procedures.
- The iterative process is used within the scope of the single project.
There are state records guidelines along with the recordkeeping advices are followed and those are available at Tasmanian Archives Office, website http:// www.archives.tas.gov.au/legislative/staterecords
At the final stage, the policy documents will be distributed to all those stakeholders as discussed above.
The certificates are also been distributed at the end of the training session. The overall training program is closed after assessing each participant both through practical and theoretical processing.