• 80% rely on advice or information from a trusted friend in order to try a new product;
o When asked about the trusted friend respondents generally said that the person was in the similar age group;
• 50% say that they get information about new personal care products from reading magazines;
• 72% report that coupons or other discounts help ‘push them over the edge’ to try a new product;
• 64% say that they do not do repeat purchases of the new products that they buy. Reasons cited were disappointment in performance, too expensive, and could not tell a difference in the results using the new product and the other products that they had been using;
• 78% report that packaging is important and they have to ‘like the look’ of how the product appears on the bathroom or shower shelves;
o You are confident in the packaging decisions that were made as much of the marketing research budget was exploring this area as it is so important in the decisions making process;
• 56% of respondents say that they have a ‘better impression’ of products sold though salons as opposed to large retailers like grocery stores, Wal-Mart and Target;
• 43% of respondents say that they make their decisions after the first couple of uses as to whether the like the product and it was ‘worth it’’
Communication & Marketing Objectives
For position the brand as leading hair care products, the following must be set as communication goals:
• Communicating with the target audiences regarding the inexpensive services
• Informing clients about various healthy hair care practices using social media
• Developing community relations for building positive reputation.
The organization aims to gain high awareness resulting in high sales. The marketing objectives for this range of hair products will be (Holm, O., 2006):
• 15% increased annual revenue by the end of the six months.
• Increasing the weekly customers by 30% within 3 months
• Establishing online presence for engaging 30 % of the salon clients.
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
The hair care products include mild shampoos, conditioner, styling products. A tonic shampoo will also be introduced for the girls who have damaged hair due to excessive heat. Organic styling serum and gel have also been introduced for the girls who like to try new styles every day.
The brand is international but as the range is new, it will first be released locally and then internationally in other countries.
As the product target young girls therefore the product is minimal as compared to the current competitors.
Adoption of dynamic and aggressive strategy. For the current target audience, social media and TV are the best channels for advertising.
|Billboards/ Framed Posters||$180,000.00|
|Direct Mail Promotions/Events||$5,000.00|
Evaluating the outcome
? Using the advertising methods, the goals of increasing awareness will be achieved.
? Discount offers will help in establishing good rapport with community member.
? Low and affordable prices along with hair care practices will be mentioned using online tactics.
• Marketing assessment
? For increasing weekly customers, around 20 hair care products are sold weekly.
? For increasing annual revenue, the revenue for last year will be compared to evaluate the IMC tactics.
? The organization will compare clients coming in salon with other people and friends.
? Website traffic will be recorded for evaluating the online presence.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Holm, O., 2006. Integrated marketing communication: from tactics to strategy. Corporate Communications: An International Journal, 11(1), pp.23-33.