- NATURE OF BUSINESS: LEISURE CENTRE
- KEY AREAS:
- CHALLENGES FACED:
- A) Customer Service Training for the Employees-
- B)Keeping the Employees Happy
- C)Ideas to Grow Business- Keep the customer happy and satisfied.
- D) Miscellaneous- Few other recommendations to help the business grow
- Budget Allocation
- Health and Safety Rights
NATURE OF BUSINESS: LEISURE CENTRE
• Swimming Pool
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
(i) irregular opening hours
(ii) poor service
(iii) no action or report on poor service
(iv) products often out of date or not available
(v) Café- poor menu choices and limited selection options especially with respect to different dietary requirement
(vi) Poor reputation of service on social media
(ii) No customer service training received
(iii) Equipments in the gym not used correctly
A) Customer Service Training for the Employees-
B)Keeping the Employees Happy
b) Play to the strength of the employees- not all employees are the same.Identification of strengths of each employee is the key. Assign work according to their strength and likes, they would go an extra mile to do a good job.
c) Recognition program for the employees- Having a recognition program e.g.
d) Employee of the month or Star of the week and displaying it on the notice board can boost the morale of the employees thereby making them strive harder.
f) Flexibility- Offering some flexibility on working hours such as on weekdays when foot-falls are low can be another way of improving the employee morale.
Based on such flexibility, when need be especially during holiday season or over the weekend, the employees will extend without any complaints
C)Ideas to Grow Business- Keep the customer happy and satisfied.
• Hire a certified trainer or let the present trainers undergo certification who know the use and right way of using the gym equipments, this will eliminate any accident or injury cases in the gym.
• Ensure the bathrooms are clean and well stocked.
• Have hand-sanitizers in the gym at convenient location and room fresheners sprayed to keep the environment fresh and clean. Have an employee clean the equipment after use by a member to ensure no cross infection occurs.
• Proper maintenance and safety checks of equipments with reports displayed.
(ii) Swimming pool-
• Regular maintenance, cleaning and chlorination/ ozonisation of water
• Adequate number of clean towels
• Having a life-guard when the pool is open to customers.
• Have a selection of menu based on different dietary requirement-Vegetarian/Vegan, Gluten-free (people with Celiac Disease and Guten intolerance), Non-vegetarian, Salad/ Fruits for the diet conscious, Baby food and Soups and Sides. Try having a healthy option against most orders that can be customized per need of the customer.
• Have a small area cordoned off as children’s play area with a few games to keep toddlers and tweens occupied.
• Having a small library with books based on fiction and non-fiction can also keep the customer’s happy
• A Playstation can also be installed, not only will this attract a certain section of the customer, it will add to the revenue of the business.
D) Miscellaneous- Few other recommendations to help the business grow
• Reward & Referral points as “Loyalty” bonus- Use a system to reward loyal customers with points based on their purchase or referring someone. Once a certain sum is acccumulated, redeem them for service or purchase from the leisure centre.
• Inventory Management- Having specialized software or an employee track the inventory of the stocks will ensure that the business never runs out of stocks or has piled unaccounted or dead stock.
• Website- In this digital age, having presence on the internet is crucial. Even a 1 page simple website can help the business grow many fold
• Easy Registration Process- Online with payment options will help a business grow faster as people no longer need to come to the physical location of the gym to renew or pay subscriptions.
• Social Media and Blogs- Having a presence on various social media platforms and answering any questions if raised.
• Contests- Free Membership/ free use of café or swimming pool for the winner will generate a lot of enthusiasm, curiosity and potential customers.
Health and Safety Rights
Benefits of WHS
• It helps in retaining staff
• It helps maximize the employee productivity
• It helps reduce injury and illness at workplace
• It helps reduce the cost of injury and worker’s compensation
Obligations of Small Business Owners
• To provide a safe workplace/ premise
• To assess risks and implement appropriate measures to control them
• To ensure all goods and substances are handled in a safe way
• To provide safe machinery and material
• The workplace layout must be assessed and safe systems of work must be provided
• To provide a suitable working environment and facility
• To provide insurance and workers’ compensation for all the employees
Note- WHS regulations vary in different states or territory; hence it is best for small business to check up on the specific state/ territory’s WHS regulations before implementing.
Australian Government Business (2018). WHS/OH&S acts, regulations and codes of practice. Retrived from https://www.business.gov.au/info/run/workplace-health-and-safety/whs-oh-and-s-acts-regulations-and-codes-of-practice
Brehm, K. (2014) 7 facts that show that customer service is more profitable than sales. Retirved from https://www.help.com/blog/2014/09/22/7-facts-that-show-that-customer-service-is-more-profitable-than-sales
Business Queensland. (2017) Health and Safety Rights Obligation. Retirved from https://www.business.qld.gov.au/running-business/protecting-business/risk-management/safe/rights-obligations
Keefe, P (2016) 10 customer servive training tips your employees need to learn. Retrieved from http://connect.edgetrainingsystems.com/blog/10-customer-service-training-tips-your-employees-need-to-learn
New York State Depatement of Health (2012) Retrived from