Marketing Mix of Hershey
4Ps of Hershey
The new productthat has been launched by the company is considered to be much better in the eyes of the consumers. The chocolate covered honeycomb is one of the leading products of the company and thus it has attracted a large customer base. The type of chocolate that is manufactured by Hershey Cocoa gives a much better taste than any other products and thus they have gained better position in the eyes of the chocolate lovers. The products of the company have focused in the creation of healthy lifestyle for the consumers and thus this has strengthened the position of the company among the customers.
Price:Hershey is considered to be a premium brand and thus the price of the products is comparatively high in relation to other products in the market. The company has targeted the upper middle class and the foreign tourists as well as the urban population of a particular country. The process of the products varies from $10 to $50. It can be said that there has been no price hike in the products and thus they are preferred by the customers over the period of time. The products of Hershey are famous in the Australian marketplace and thus it has followed penetration pricing strategy in the market. The other competitors of Hershey offers the same products at a much cheaper price and thus this has encouraged Hershey to develop more innovative strategies so that it can develop in a short span of time. It can be said that the development of the new product will lead to the profitability of the brand and thus it will help to earn sustainability over the long span of time. The penetration pricing strategy thus, will be considered beneficial for Hershey(Hersheys.com 2018).
Promotion:The products of Hershey will have to reach the targeted audience i.e. the youth aged between 15-254 years irrespective of the gender. The youth are considered to be the most active group who are enjoying the products of the company and thus this was possible with the advertisements over internet and other modes of communication. The web campaigns included interactive and the social media campaigns such as Facebook, Twitter and other modes are considered to be effective in the advertisement of Hershey. It can be said that in order to reinforce the idea of Hershey, many attractive pictures and advertisements including social media advertisements has been developed by the company. On the other hand, the consumers are also encouraged to share their image while consuming their products and thus they can also share the stories of their brand. It can be said that the people of Australia are so active in sports that they prefer to consume the different products of Hershey and thus they can be regarded as the targeted market of the organisation. The public relation events such as the football league or other matches are also sponsored by the company and thus the different types of television campaign has helped in the growth of the organisation. The commercials that run on the television has also attracted the customers and thus Hershey has gathered a strong customer base with these advertisements. Moreover, the official websites of Hershey has also been successful in the promotion of the product and thus this has led to the success of the company(Hersheys.com 2018).
Distribution:The products of Hershey are distributed through the dealers and the wholesalers and thus they play an active role in the distribution of product in the market. This is considered to bring advantage to the company and thus it has helped the customers to get the brand experience. As the tastes of the consumers vary, it was the responsibility of the company to capture the market and thus compete with the other global leading firms. On the other hand, research also indicates that the company has faced in the initial stage and thus it must try to adopt other strategies so as to successfully expand in the market. When the company entered a new market, it is the responsibility of the dealers and the wholesalers to represent the product in such a way that they are preferred by the customers of that market and thus this will help in the establishment of strong customer base in a quick span of time. The centralised management structure of the company and the generation of better sales have helped in the long run growth and success of the organisation. Hershey has also experienced difficulties in the decision-making process and thus this has helped the company to expand within the stipulated period of time with the available resources. The company has also controlled its expansion and thus this has negatively affected the success of the introduction of new product in the market. The website of the company has also played a vital role in the distribution of product and thus it has become easier for the customers to navigate and purchase the products of their choice. The online community of Hershey’s product is also considered to be the most important distribution and promotion network of the company(Hersheys.com 2018).
SWOT analysis of Hershey with Barry Callebut, Cargill and Mondelez
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
• Hershey is known worldwide because of its sourcing and manufacturing in different countries.
• The company has a strong human capital and thus can manage its staffs in an effective way.
• The production capacity is very high and thus they have better relation with the customers
• Hershey has strong distribution system in the market and thus they follow modern management system.
• There is low cost spent on the producer and the company has a strong base for research and developmental activities (Hersheys.com 2018). • Strong customer base of manufacturers, retailers, bakeries and caterers.
• The products are manufactured under different brand names such as Sarotti, Jacques
• There is constant innovation in the development of new product
• There are numerous CSR activities undertaken by the organisation(Barry-callebaut.com 2018). • Cargill has high brand equity and thus is present in more than 66 countries.
• The company has huge customer strength as well as its employee base is also very strong.
• There has been technological advancement and the experts are from different fields who are involved in constant innovation
• There is strong research and development operations in the organisation (Cargill.co.in 2018). • It is considered to be a brand with high generation of revenue in the market.
• There have been considerable investments in the research and development activities
• It has a strong distribution network in the market (Mondelezinternational.com 2018).
Weakness • The price of the products is comparatively higher than the products of other companies.
• The company faces difficulty when entering a new market
• The storage and the transportation cost is the main weakness of the company.
• There has been difficulties faced in the decision making process in the organisation and thus it is necessary to control during the process of expansion. • The company has limited brand awareness in the leading economies
• There is strong competition from the other leading players in the market. • The customers easily opts the option of brand switching due to large available options.
• The products of Cargill are negatively publicized and thus there has been over allegations. • There is decline in the net revenue in the market.
• There has been fluctuations in the shares
Opportunity • Hershey has global presence in different countries around the world.
• It can expand into other countries with sourcing and manufacturing process.
• The expansion of the company can also help in the creation of better job opportunities in the market.
• It can also build global partnership with other brands in the market.
• The quality of the product is considered to be the main advantage of the company. • It has undertaken continuous research and development.
• There is acquisition of competition.
• The company is taking initiative in increasing its presence in the consumer goods market. • It is increasing its global penetration and thus tapping the rural opportunities.
• It is trying to expand into other markets.
• It is acquiring other companies within a short span of time (Cargill.co.in 2018). • The sale of biscuits of Mondelez is increasing with the passage of time.
• It is developing its market in the developing countries(Mondelezinternational.com 2018)
Threat • The steep competition from the competitors of Hershey is one of the major threat faced by the company.
• The health concern faced by the company is another important threat of the company (Hersheys.com 2018). • There has been increase in the price of raw materials and thus this is considered to be a threat for the company.
• It is one of the local chocolate manufacturers in the country.
• The euro zone crisis and the associated problems are the major threats of the company (Barry-callebaut.com 2018). • There has been fluctuations in the cost of raw materials
• There has been global economic instability in the market.
• There is competition in all segments in the market. • The service providers of Mondelez are generally the third party providers.
• The nature of input costa and the volatile nature of the products are the main threat of the company(Mondelezinternational.com 2018).
Sustainable marketing practices followed by Hershey
Cargill.co.in 2018. Cargill. [online] Available at: https://www.cargill.co.in/ [Accessed 17 Apr. 2018].
Hersheys.com 2018. Hersheys. [online] Available at: https://www.hersheys.com/ [Accessed 17 Apr. 2018].
Mondelezinternational.com 2018. Mondelezinternational. [online] Available at: https://www.mondelezinternational.com [Accessed 17 Apr. 2018].
Theguardian.com 2018. The Guardian. [online] Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/jul/06/hersheys-mars-ferrero-cocoa-farming-fair-trade-global-exchange [Accessed 17 Apr. 2018].
Collegiate, I.B.C.B.C., Competition, C., Bermudez, M., Bogart, M., DeSapio, A., Dfouni, A., Frizzell, A., Hayes, K. and Ng, K., Situation Analysis.
Hershey, L. and Walker, S., 2006.Using the CPPD method of analysis for teaching case studies in the marketing management class. Marketing Education Review, 16(2), pp.45-57.
Kizil, C., Eddy, V., Clary, L. and Crowell, K., 2013. Hershey's Entry to the Australian Market with a New Brand: An Accounting and Marketing Perspective. Emerging Markets Journal, 3(2), p.97.
Kokkonen, P. and Tuohino, A., 2007. The challenge of networking: Analysis of innovation potential in small and medium-sized tourism enterprises. The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 8(1), pp.44-52.
Manzaneque Corona, E., 2014. Comparison of marketing policies applied by the same company in different countries and analysis of the reasons for the differences.
Möller, A. and Schaltegger, S., 2005. The Sustainability Balanced Scorecard as a Framework for Eco?efficiency Analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 9(4), pp.73-83.
Posch, A., 2004. From Industrial Symbiosis to Sustainability Networks. Information Systems for Sustainable Development, pp.229-242.
Ratnasingham, P., 2006. A SWOT analysis for B2C e-commerce: the case of Amazon. com. International Journal of Cases on Electronic Commerce (IJCEC), 2(1), pp.1-22.
Stenfors, S., Tanner, L., Syrjänen, M., Seppälä, T. and Haapalinna, I., 2007. Executive views concerning decision support tools. European Journal of Operational Research, 181(2), pp.929-938.
Vaidyanathan, G. and Sabbaghi, A., 2011. Taxonomy of multiple levels of SWOT analysis in project management. Issues in Information System.
Vriens, D., 2008. Information and Communication Technology Tools for Competitive Intelligence. In Information Communication Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications (pp. 1437-1444). IGI Global.
Wheelen, T.L. and Hunger, J.D., 2011. Concepts in strategic management and business policy.Pearson Education India.
Wheelen, T.L., Hunger, J.D., Hoffman, A.N. and Bamford, C.E., 2017. Strategic management and business policy.pearson.
Zhang, C. and WU, J., 2001. Global market strategy in the confectionery industry: The case of Hershey foods corporation(No. 11170). Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.