IFSM Telecommunications Assignment
1. The bandwidth is needed to be increased in the 47 offices and the data centre of US.
2. The coordination is required among the 4-8 catacombs in the metro areas such as San Diego, Baltimore, Kansas City, Dallas and Chicago.
3. The presence of reliable and secure network is required for the accommodation of the planned growth and the unexpected ones.
4. The company is not willing to increase the cost incurred on the telephone services. However, the company wants to upgrade the services while keeping the costs from ISDN low.
5. The company wants to improve the efficiency and productivity and the capabilities and services are desired. This is expected to incorporate technological solutions for the improvement in the customer satisfaction.
6. Additional requirement of the company is monitoring and management of data and voice services. Moreover, the capacity is ensured and use is appropriate as per the business needs.
2. Catacomb can utilize LTE (Long Term Evolution). LTE uses “combination of frequency division multiplexing and time division multiplexing on the downstream channel. It is called as OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing). This helps ensure that the various metro areas will have around four to eight Catacomb locations for the coordination. The implementation of satellite microwave connection can be done for the connection of five cities. The use of satellite connection is important to be used. The reason is that it is nearly impractical to layout ground cables for the linkage around the cities. The satellite microwave signals have greater travel distance and in can cover greater areas. The satellite receives signal from one station in a city and relays it to another far off distance.
3. The achievement of the reliable and secure network can be achieved with the use of Gigabit Ethernet, WIMAX technologies and the Satellite Microwave.
4. The switching to VoIP telephony services is one such solution which can help the Catacomb fulfil the requirement of upgrading the services without increasing the cost on such elements. VoIP helps in making phone calls with the use of the internet. Moreover, due to the presence of the internet with the Catacomb, it does not have to engage in the purchase of the telephone hardware. The company can utilize the existing infrastructure available to make the call on the same time reducing the cost on the call bills.
5. The increase in the efficiency and the productivity is an important aspect for the growing company like Catacomb. The technologies that have been mentioned earlier are bound to support the company in achieve the stated goal. The technologies like VoIP will help the company reduce the bills and in the same time achieving the efficiency as required.
2. WiMAX helps in getting the broadband connectivity without any need of base station at the direct sight. The data rate is also 280 Mbps from each station. This can be considered more than enough for supporting the multiple businesses. The transmitter acts as the GSM tower which covers the areas as required. The maximum radius generally is 50 Km (more than required of five cities).
2. Installing and maintaining the WiMAX and the Satellite Microwave connection for the cities might not be considered as high in comparison to the DSL and 3G plans. The benefits that can be derived from the WiMAX are of low cost and provide flexibility. This can be developed at minimum cost possible. It requires setup of few base locations that can cover all the required cities. Moreover, there will be no adverse impact on them of the poor weather conditions as direct line is not required. WiMAX can be chosen technology for the Catacomb as it is low cost, less disruptive, and has the facility for fixed and mobile applications.
3. VoIP has some roadblocks as it requires DSL broadband like 3G which are costly
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
FRC Corp. (n.d.). WIMAX. Retrieved August 3, 2011, from FRC Corporation Web site:http://www.frccorp.com/WiMAXOverview.pdf
Pacchiano, R. (2006, December 13). Boost Your Bandwidth, Boost your Network Performance. Retrieved August 4, 2011, from Small Business Computing Web site: http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com
White, M. C. (2011). Conducted and Wireless Media. In M. C. White, Data Communications and Computer Networks (p. 85). Course Technology Cengage Learning.