Project management assignment services from All Assignment help are renowned and widely known. We have been serving lots of students online and offline for a very long time. Our writers provide authentic project management assignment services. We have seen a few important concepts of project management assignment help online in the previous articles. This article draws upon the concept of PERT and will explain the difference between PERT and Gantt chart assignment help. A previous article on project management assignment help online was about the Work Breakdown Structure assignment help and different phases in project management assignment.
What Is PERT And Gannt Chart?
We will discuss both charts one by one. So let’s start with the PERT chart…
A PERT chart is a visual project management tool that is used to visualise and monitor activities and deadlines. Project (or Program) Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) is an abbreviation for Project (or Program) Evaluation and Review Technique. It’s essentially a well-organized flowchart that shows the sequence, interdependence, and concurrencies of all the operations in a project.
A Gantt chart, named after its inventor Henry Gantt, is a bar graph that illustrates the stages your team will take as your project moves along. It displays the same data as a PERT chart – tasks, dependencies, timelines, and process sequence – but for different reasons.
This explanation of both charts may help you to understand the role of charts in work life. For any doubt, you can take our help. Apart from that our UK writers can help you with various other topics such as Php Programming assignment help, university assignment help UK, even you can ask us to write my essay for me. We will help you in every situation.
How PERT And Gannt Chart Are Different?
PERT (Program Evaluation Review Technique) assignment help online and Gantt chart homework help is similar in most of the ways. Both PERT and Gantt charts are used for visualizing, scheduling, organizing and completing the task. Though there are similarities at the basic level we do have differences between the two in-process and methodology. Differences between the two are listed below:
- As we know both Gantt chart and PERT have same process of visualization, but there is basic difference in the way both Gantt chart and PERT displays information. Gantt chart uses Bar graph to visualize and PERT uses network model to display the information.
- PERT finds its application in the larger projects and The Gantt chart is ideal for small projects.
- Work Estimations should be worked out before plotting the Gantt chart and the dependency and correlation among the task is not represented by Gantt chart.
- Gantt charts show the progress in time for a particular task without emphasizing on the relationship among the tasks at hand. PERT is the representation of the task relationships and we can easily see the dependency of the tasks on each other.
- PERT chart is difficult to understand as compared to Gantt chart because the Gantt chart is linear while, a PERT chart can be a network of parallel and interconnecting branches, due to which Gantt chart sometimes underestimates the risk involved in the project as the scope is limited to the dependency representation.
- PERT chart is generally preferred over Gantt chart because task dependencies are better and more accurately illustrated in the case of PERT and also one has to redraw the whole Gantt chart in case there is any change in schedule.
- Despite the fact that PERT charts show the entire amount of time your project is estimated to take, they do not correspond to a calendar. A Gantt chart connects all activities to a specific start and finish date — it’s much like putting tasks to your online calendar as days-long events.
- Gantt charts are the only way to see which team members are in charge of which tasks. They’re similar to taking a trip around the office to observe what your team is up to, but you can do it from your computer screen.
- PERT charts are better suited for planning rather than execution. Because they’re related to a calendar, Gantt charts are best suited for tracking after the project begins. Gantt charts are ideal for keeping track of due dates and job fulfilment as your project proceeds because of this relationship.
We have been serving lots of students online assignment help for a very long time. Our writers provide authentic project management assignment services. We also provide free assignment services to the students. This service does not include the complete structured solution, however, we provide solutions to the questions posted by visiting students on our forum.
Read also. Civil Engineering assignment help, UK
Pros And Cons Of PERT Chart And Gantt Chart
Let’s start with PERT chart advantages…
Advantages of PERT chart
- Even the most organised among us may occasionally forget to complete a task. This is less likely with PERT charts. A PERT chart may be used to check whether you’re on track or to revisit any chores you’ve forgotten about.
- A PERT chart reveals all you need to know about the scope of your project. It’s everything written out for you and your team to review: processes, their sequence, length, and dependencies.
Disadvantages Of PERT Chart
- To construct a PERT chart effectively, you must consider each and every process in your project. You risk over-structuring your task and wasting time creating an unnecessarily complex plan if you do so. You can also feel a little burdened while trying to figure out how long a procedure would take.
- PERT charts may easily become jumbled and too complex. They might seem like navigating the strangest of passageways: you can believe you’re on the correct road, but you may have to take several steps back to regain your footing.
Advantages Of Gantt Chart
- Everyone is on the same page using Gantt charts. Your team members may defend themselves if someone wrongly accuses them of dropping the ball, and you can keep track of how well everyone is doing.
- The calendar range that your Gantt chart spans will grow as you add activities to it. Finally, you’ll have a project completion date that you can realistically meet. Even the most detailed Gantt plan can’t completely eliminate bottlenecks, so extending a week or two to your ultimate deadline never hurts.
Disadvantages of Gantt Chart
There are many cons of the Gantt chart:
- It requires High-maintenance
- It becomes very Complex
- It is too much time and efforts taking
How to make PERT chart?
A project management team should follow these procedures to build a PERT chart.
Step 1: Make a list of all project activities.
To begin, list all of the important phases, milestones, and tasks that must be completed for the project to be completed.
Step 2: Determine whether there are any dependencies.
If you find that any tasks or activities are interdependent, you should show them using directional arrows. This will guarantee that your staff understands the order in which they must complete each assignment.
Step 3: Make a chart.
The next step is to sketch out the events and milestones (numbered nodes) that you’ve identified. Then, using directed or divergent arrows, draw down the tasks and activities that the team must perform between each node.
Step 4: Create a schedule for all activities.
You should now establish a deadline for the team to fulfil those tasks, as well as all arrows.
So, these are some steps which you need to follow very carefully as your one minor mistake can cause you big harm or you may require to make the entire chart again. If you can not able to make a pert chart then you can take our help. We at allassignmenthelp are a group of experts who are in services for a very long time. Without any doubt avail of our services and score the best.
|Question.1.Can a PERT chart be used to display task dependencies?|
Answer.1. PERT charts are network diagrams that are effective for displaying task relationships. For activity length, they offer three options: Most Likely, Optimistic, and Pessimistic. PERT charts are more adaptable than Gantt charts when it comes to planning.
|Question.2. What is the significance of a PERT chart?|
Answer.2. Managers can use a PERT chart to estimate the amount of time and resources needed to complete a project. It also allows a company to commit to initiatives that are related to its strategic orientation and increases communication throughout the project.
|Question.3. Is it possible for a Gantt chart to include gaps?|
Answer.3. In TeamGantt, there’s a little-known option that lets you remove the gap between dependent activities in your Gantt chart. Some people prefer the flexibility to allow gaps between activities, which is common in project planning.
|Question.4. What information should a Gantt chart contain?|
Answer.4. There are nine parts to a Gantt chart:
a. Dates. The dates are one of the most important parts of a Gantt chart since they show project managers not only when the project will start and conclude, but also when each job will take place. …
d. Milestones are significant events in a person’s life.
f. Taskbars are a type of toolbar that appears on the top of a computer
g. Vertical Line Marker is a type of line marker that is used to draw vertical lines.
h. Id for the task.