In this blog, I’m going to tell you about a student who received a first-class honors at the University of Melbourne. Sam Xiang is a student of Melbourne University. He received first-class honour in his recent university examinations and has shared his experience with us.
It’s something that makes Sam a role model for tens of thousands of students who want to graduate with HD grades. Sam’s story is made even more fascinating and intriguing by the fact that he is from Hong Kong.
It indicates that he was unfamiliar with the services provided by the University of Melbourne to its students. So, let’s have a look at Sam’s path from obtaining an Australian visa to obtaining a first-class ticket through this article. Let us also learn about the University of Melbourne and what it offers to the students who apply there.
I will be dividing this article into two parts. Part 1 will give you a brief introduction to the University of Melbourne and the Part 2 will cover Sam’s story in his own words. Let’s get started.
The University Of Melbourne
Let me make it easier for you to understand the details about the University of Melbourne. Following are the points which you should know about the university as it is important for a student to check out the place first:
Introduction & Rankings
It is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne established in 1853. The Times Higher Education has placed the University of Melbourne #1 among all Australian universities and 33rd worldwide.
The main motto of the University of Melbourne is to grow in the esteem of the future generations. It focuses on the development of the students in every possible manner and is keen to provide high-quality education.
The university’s main campus is located in Parkville which is an inner suburb north of the Melbourne Central Business district. Trust me it’s a huge and beautiful campus.
University of Melbourne Address
Following is the Street Address of Parkville Campus: Grattan Street, Parkville, Victoria, 3010. The University of Melbourne has a total of 12 residential colleges. 7 of them are placed in an arc formation at the northern edge of the campus. The other five colleges are located outside the university grounds.
The best thing is that these universities strive to give good educational opportunities and housing to their students. The accomodation at Melbourne University is excellent. The amenities are fantastic, and the rooms are immaculate.
The most important thing is that all the colleges are residential colleges and they provide residence to the students, faculty and the other staff members. Your time gets saved due to this. You can quickly attend your classes without wasting time and money on accommodations outside the University. Well, you can focus on your studies as you get all the necessary facilities.
Other Campuses of the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne has four more campuses in metropolitan Melbourne. These are at:
- Burnley- Provides Horticulture courses.
- Southbank- Provides Performing arts courses.
- Hawthorn- Commerce courses are taught here.
- Werribee- Veterinary courses are taught here.
There are other campuses in regional Victoria too. These are Creswick campus used for forestry courses and Dookie campus used for Agriculture courses. Earlier they were residence to hundreds of students but, now they are only used for short courses and research.
One more campus is there which is at Shepparton. It houses the Rural Health Academic Center for Dentistry, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
The university is also the part of the Melbourne business school which based at Parkville campus. It ranks at the 46th number according to the Financial Times global rankings.
Melbourne University Course
Following are the courses which the university of Melbourne university provides:
- Architecture, Building and Planning- Melbourne School of Design
- Arts- Faculty of Arts, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Melbourne School of Government.
- Business and Economics- Faculty of Business and Economics, Melbourne Business School.
- Education- Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Engineering- Melbourne School of Engineering, School of Computing and Information Systems.
- Law- Melbourne Law School.
- Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Melbourne Dental School, Melbourne Medical School,etc.
- Sciences- Faculty of Science, School of BioSciences, School of Chemistry, School of Earth Sciences, School of Ecosystem and Forest Sciences, School of Geography, School of Mathematics and Statistics, School of Physics.
- Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
- Victorian College of Arts & Melbourne Conservatorium of Music- Faculty of VCA and MCM.
Fee Structure Of Melbourne University
Most of the undergraduate courses need the students to enroll in subjects from more than one discipline fee band. This is for a total study load across all subjects of 100 points per year as credit points.
Following is the process to find out the cost of a subject:
Subject study load(as fraction) X Subject fee($ per study load) = Cost of subject
It is an idea which I have provided to you. For more information regarding the fee structure or tuition fee tables and the upcoming academic year’s fee terms and conditions, click here.
Melbourne University Jobs/Career
Working at Melbourne University is like a dream come true as the university fully takes care of its students, faculties and the other staff members.There is wide range of courses for which you can apply as a faculty at the University of Melbourne.
There are vacancies for various other staff support too. You just need to apply, and you will be a step closer to your dream job. All facilities are provided including stay. Click here , to know the job opportunities at Melbourne University. This will give you a brief idea.
LMS(LearningManagement System):Melbourne University
It is an online system of the University of Melbourne which is used for delivering subject content tot he students. LMS uses different educational technologies from various enterprise providers like BlackBoard, Learning Objects, and TurnItIn.
The teaching staff also uses LMS for various tasks like providing online versions of class materials and readings, Allowing electronic submission of the projects/assignments, etc. For detailed information on this system LMS, click here.
Let’s now move onto part 2 of our article and see what Sam has to share with us, about his journey towards getting the first-class honor.
Part 2- Journey Of Sam Xiang- Initial Struggles And Victory At The End
Hi folks! I am Sam Xiang. I had this dream of studying in an Australian university since childhood. Maybe it is because my mother is from Australia. So, yeah, the love for Australia is in my genes. But, it is clear that having an Australian mom and having the love for this country was never going to help me.
So, I just did what a smart person would have done, and that is efforts! Now, after achieving first-class honor in the University of Melbourne, I feel a sense of satisfaction.
So, if you are interested, you can read my story from being an Australian fanboy to an Australian university topper here. Oh, forgot to mention my subject and year! I am an amateur writer indeed. Well, coming back to the point, I am a first-year biology student at the University of Melbourne.
Let us now read the main experience of Sam Xiang that how he struggled to get his First-class honor at The University of Melbourne. This his journey, his story which will surely help and motivate you in your journey. 🙂
Journey Of My Visa Application To Reaching University Of Melbourne
I applied for my study as soon as the University of Melbourne’s admission period started. My application was accepted, much to my delight. After that, I received the university’s acceptance letter. What comes next? I submitted my application for a visa. My visa was approved because I met all of the conditions, including financial and health requirements. In addition, my English was excellent.
After that, I boarded a trip to Australia, where I flew over Melbourne in around nine hours. Then I went to my aunt’s house in Melbourne, who was in charge of assisting me in finding a place to reside. They did an excellent job and continue to assist me anytime I am in need.
Faculty And The Difficulty Of The Studies @ University Of Melbourne
One of the things that I like about University of Melbourne is its calm and cool environment. Students are friendly here, and I find the libraries peaceful enough to study. University management has done well in providing the students with the best in everything.
Studying in Australia is fairly difficult as it is famous for providing quality education. However, you have excellent faculty, fine infrastructure, and assignment help services to help you in the study. So, all you need to do is efforts, and you will find it easy.
What Techniques Did I Use For My Exam Preparation?
My routine around two weeks before exams
- First and foremost, I double-checked that I had a thorough understanding of the exam dates and times. I also began putting forward effort to get credible study materials. Before the tests, I also discovered that my stationery was in good condition.
- I was focused on finding the sorts of questions I would have to answer in the tests because it was my first university exam (an Australian university exam to be precise). My efforts were also directed at determining which subjects and chapters would appear on the tests. I could use old exam papers to get a sense of what’s going on. So, I didn’t bother to wait for anything. I just gathered the exam papers from the previous years.
- It’s true that I studied for an entire year. However, I realised that the exam revision lectures were the most important for me to prepare for the tests. It was quite beneficial to me since I was able to quickly review what I had learned during the year. I also double-checked that my notes were comprehensive and ready to consume.
- One of my strategies was to prepare for the tests by practising answering exam questions. It appealed to me since it helps in the development of time management skills. I’m delighted I was able to complete it successfully.
What did I do during the Swat Voc?
Swat Voc is the time that I wanted to use effectively. Reason? It is the time when I am free from university and get 24 hours to prepare for the exams. But, of course, I didn’t study 24 hours to get first class honor at the University of Melbourne. All I did is:
- Made a timetable and did revisions sticking to it
- At times, I studied alone to study efficiently, and when I found myself bored or lacking motivation, then I joined my friend circle for the group study. Both of these methods helped me a lot.
- I also had it in mind not to take too much stress of the exams. For that, I already had the idea that worrying will not do anything (I am a master of philosophy, contact me to attend my sessions, LOL). Along with that, I gave proper attention to my diet. I avoided junk food for at least ten days during the exams, and my intake was healthy and light food only.
- Moreover, I exercised every morning after taking at least 7 hours sleep each night.
- Drinking lots of water was also my mission. I completed that successfully.
How was the night before the exam for me? Horrific or wow it’s a fine night!
Well, neither that night terrified me, nor it was too cool. You are already aware that I am cooler than cucumber mates! So, what I did the night before the exam? Learn below:
- I recited the main points of each topic. Also, I checked my recall against the notes.
- I ensured not to cram any topic. An expert had suggested me not to do that as it may affect my memory of what I learned in the past few days.
- Next, I had a good dinner, packed my bag and fell asleep without worrying anything.
What worked for me during the reading time in the exam day?
- First of all, I did a complete overview of the question paper right after getting it. I read the questions carefully and did the same for the instructions.
- Next, I focused on to calculate the time I need to spend attempting each question. For example, I planned to spend around 30 minutes on the 20 marks questions. Also, I wanted around 15 minutes time to review the answer paper at the end of the exam. I am glad that everything went as per my plan.
- I went with the general rule when it comes to selecting which questions to answers first. In other words, I planned to answer such questions first which I found easy and most important. One of the exam was out of my understanding since i couldn’t attend classes and lectures and had no idea of the content. Hence, i hired allassignmenthelp.com to take my online exam.
What are the best tips to attempt the exam?
So after reading time comes writing time. What could be the right way to deal with the question when you are ready for writing? Let me give you some tips in this section of the assignment.
How I Got My Assignments Completed On Time?
One of the things that gave me a headache during the exam preparation is the assignments. I don’t know whether the professors all over the world have a grudge against the students. But, when they assign the writing tasks at the exam time, it seems like they have. In my case, I had to complete my assignment in two days. Although I am a smart student, I am still a human.
Thus, I found myself in trouble as I was not sure about whether to prepare for the exams or write my assignment. In such situation, one of my Australian friends suggested me to take help from All assignment help. It is a popular assignment writing helper site in Australia. Lots of University of Melbourne students opt for their service, and their service didn’t disappoint me as well.
I like their writing service because they not only completed my task within the set deadline. But, they also did not mess up the quality of the paper which I was most concerned about. My paper had accurate content, catchy formatting and it was also fully referenced. So, I was able to submit my assignment on time without bothering my exam study schedule. Of course, you can also opt for their service.
So, it was the story of Sam Xiang from joining the University of Melbourne to getting the first-class honor. Hope you enjoyed it. If you have a better idea of how to crack the University of Melbourne exams, then you can share it with us in the comments box below. I would like to learn from you! Thank you for reading. 🙂
|Question.1. What makes Australian education unique?|
Answer.1 The Australian education system is distinguished by its use of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), a national policy established in 1995 that establishes qualifications standards for the tertiary education sector (higher education, vocational education and training), as well as the secondary education sector (secondary education).
|Question.2. What is Australia’s educational rate?|
Answer.2. In 2021, 16% of Australians aged 15 to 74 were enrolled in school (15% of men and 17% of women). A non-school qualification (a certificate, diploma, or degree) was studied by 11% and 13%, respectively, while the rest were in school.