Hey guys. ðŸ™‚ In this article, we will talk about the Western University of Health Sciences. It is one of the top universities in the U.S. that deal with health-related departments, or you can say health-related sciences. Many of you might have already heard about it or maybe not.
This is why I am writing this article to brief you about this university. There may be many doubts in your mind regarding various things related to this university. But, after reading this article, I am sure that your doubts will vanish away.
I will brief out the following points in this article:
- Introduction about the Western University of Health Sciences.
- Western university of Health Sciences Ranking.
- Western University of Health Sciences Tuition.
- Campus details of the Western University Of Health Sciences.
- Different Programs offered by the University and it’s details.
I am sure that by the end of this article, all your questions will get answered. Let’s get started.
Introduction- Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences is also called as Western U. Its former name was “College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific.” The main motto of this university is to provide high-level education regarding health issues. They say, “Our goal or motto is to teach and heal together.”
Western University of Health Sciences is a private and Non-profit graduate school which provides knowledge regarding different health professions. Western U was established 40 years ago, in 1977.
It has two campuses. One is located in Pomona and is the main campus. It is located on 22 acres of land. Then there is this other additional medical school campus located in Lebanon, Oregon. This one is spread on an area of 50 acres.
Western U provides degrees in various medical fields. It covers- dental medicine, optometry, osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, nursing, physical therapy, pharmacy, biomedical sciences, physician assistant studies and veterinary medicine.
The university has an enrollment of 3,839 students. There is an Academic staff of 323 (full-time) with 1,200 additional professionals. Then there is an Administrative staff of 700. This is one of the biggest graduate schools for the health professions located in California. It offers 21 academic programs in nine different colleges.
Additional Features of the Western University of Health Sciences
Western U also runs two patient care centers and also has a pet wellness center at the Pomona campus. The Pomona campus also has:
- The Center for Oral Health(a non-profit organization that focus on promoting oral health).
- The Harris Family Center for Health Policy and Disability.
- The Southern California Museum of Medical History.
The first program at this University was its medical school called, “The College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific(COMP).” After this, various other additional programs got opened.
The College of Veterinary Medicine, opened in 2003, was the first veterinary school which got opened in the U.S. in 20 years. In 2007, it also became the first university across the nation that appointed a female as a dean of a veterinary medical school.
In 2009, three new departments got introduced in the university which were dental medicine, podiatric medicine, and optometry. The College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific-Northwest(COMP-Northwest) got opened in Lebanon, Oregon in 2011.
All the programs at the Western University of Health Sciences have professional certifications. The university is Certified by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Even, the medical school is certified by the American Osteopathic Association’s Commission.
Western University of Health Sciences Acceptance Rate is up to 12% but, it variate from its college to college.
Western University of Health Sciences Ranking
According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, Western U is a great college to work for. Western U got this acknowledgment every year from 2012 to 2017 and is on an honour roll since last four years.
In 2014, Western University of Health Sciences Ranking was 18th among all the US medical schools for the percentage of medical graduates who went into primary care residents. This rank was given by U.S. News & World Report.
The same year, 2014, Western U was also on the tenth number for most applications received amongst other medical schools in the United States.
Western U is the fourth largest university in Pomona employing more than 1,000 people. It has also contributed to the economic development of downtown by bringing millions of dollars to that area.
Western University of Health Sciences ranking 2017
Following are the overall rankings of Western U in different areas:
- #21 rank in California
- #45 rank in The West
- #274 rank in USA
Program wise Rankings of the Western U
- #1 Osteopathic Medicine School
- #3 Western University of Health Sciences Optometry & Ophthalmology School
- #3 Pre-Medical Studies School
West Regional Ranking:
- #1 Osteopathic Medicine School
- #4 Western University of Health Sciences Optometry & Ophthalmology School
- #8 Pre-Medical Studies School
- #23 Health Services School
- #21 Physical Therapy School
- #37 Biomedical Sciences School
National Ranking- USA:
- #15 Osteopathic Medicine School
- #23 Western University of Health Sciences Optometry & Ophthalmology School
- #53 Pre-Medical Studies School
Western University of Health Sciences Tuition
You know what’s the best thing about this University? It is its concern for the students who will join in to study. These days what we see is the high price of the Tuition fee, and in return, you don’t even get the quality education.
But, here at Western U, You will get the right price with a quality education. People believe that studying in a medical college means to pour down all the money you have as it’s an expensive course. But, Western University of Health Sciences is sensitive about the concerns of their students, their families, and alumni.
What’s so special?
At private universities like Western U, the cost of studying is subsidized by endowment income, philanthropy and foundation and government grants. You don’t have to worry about all that money to be paid at once from your pockets. Their prices of the tuition fee don’t increase year after year. You will have to pay, what was told to you in the beginning.
Western University of Health Sciences continues to control costs and make it affordable to each qualified applicant. They say that they will never do anything to weaken their education program to minimize its expense.
Some of the recourses in which the university invests
To maintain the high quality of education, the university must continue to invest in critical human and material resources. These are usually the costly annual expenditures:
- Salaries and Benefits given to the hardworking faculties and the other staff members.
- Investments done in equipments, different facilities provided and up-to-date technology.
- Supportive services like campus security, financial aid, library and information learning resources, etc.
- Maintenance of the Administrative and Legal expertise.
- Hiring Financial expertise to handle sophisticated financial matters.
Tuition Fee Cost
The Cost variate according to the course you will opt for. The tuition fee for the first academic year may variate from 28,715$ to 36,355$. The fee variate for different courses.
For more details regarding the complete fee schedules, you can click here.
Western University will come as a lifetime investment in your life. It will bring learning, personal development, professional development and entry into a career that promises to improve your lifestyle. Don’t put a price tag on such an education. Education will give you lifetime benefits.
Campus details of the Western University Of Health Sciences
There are two campuses of the Western U. One is the Pomona Campus, and the other one is Oregon Branch campus.
It is the primary campus of Western U and is in downtown Pomona, California. When the school was founded, a portion of the campus was renovated from an outdoor shopping mall. Since then, many other buildings have been taken down and built new like the patient care center, classrooms, a pet hospital and research facilities.
The Pomona campus consists of 19 buildings covering an area of approx 22 acres and two parks located on the urban campus. On the northeastern corner of the campus, there is a Health Education Center, a large parking structure and the Patient Care Center.
The Health Education Center is a vast 180,000 sq-foot facility for teaching and research purposes. It consists of colleges of dentistry, medical, podiatry, and optometry. Its 4th floor is a space for the state of the art research laboratories. It has a seven-level parking structure for 600 cars parking.
Just to the west of the Health Education Center, is the Western U Pet Wellness Center. It is an on-campus pet hospital and clinic. It provides services like vaccinations, neutering and spaying, surgery, dental exams and cleanings, and even tick, flea and heart worm control.
To the south of the Pet hospital, is the Daumier which is a mixed-use building. It covers about 3.6 acres. The center part of the Campus consists of Ethan Allan Park, the Veterinary Medicine Center, Health Professions Center(HPC) and the Health Sciences Center.
The western part of the campus contains the Rodney P. Wineberg Center. It has the administration department and laboratories. This is in addition to the Pumerantz Library and Anderson Tower. The library block covers 35,000 sq-foot of the west edge land of the campus.
Oregon branch campus
Western U runs another campus which is spread up to 50 acres land in Lebanon. The initial program which got started at Oregon campus is medicine. Later, other colleges and programs got planned too.
The campus is next to Samaritan Health Services, Lebanon Community Hospital. The medical school building is a huge one spread over 55,000 sq-foot lands. It is the main component of a 50-acre medical campus.
There is a proper security system on both the campus. Each year, Western U publish a safety report, reporting of any crime, if it happens on the campus. But, now, the security is strict, and there are very fewer chances of any issues to occur.
Different Programs offered by the University
Before moving onto the courses, click hereÂ if you also want to check out the Students prospective. It will guide you regarding the application process, Prerequisite Courses and database and the application requirements.
Some of the programs which are higher in ranking are as follows:
- Western University of Health sciences- Dental College: It provides the degree of Doctor of Dental Medicine(DMD). Its mission is to improve oral health care through high-quality education, research, service and leadership.
- Western University of Health sciences- Vet School: It provides the degree of Veterinary Medicine(DVM). The mission here is to educate veterinary professionals to advance the knowledge of addressing the contemporary needs of the society.
- Western University of Health sciences- Optometry College: It provides Doctor of Optometry degree(OD). Its mission is to graduate comprehensive and caring health care professionals who will serve the needs of a diverse global society.
- Western University of Health Sciences- College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific: Their mission is to prepare students to become strong competitors, professional and compassionate and culturally sensitive physicians who are prepared for the graduate medical education.
- Western University of Health Sciences-Â Nursing College:Â It provides you the degree of Doctor of Nursing Practice and many other masters degree too. The mission is to advance nursing education to prepare nurses who will be highly professional.
There are many other programs too which the Western University of Health Sciences provides. To have a look at those courses and for a detailed description of the above-mentioned courses, click here. You will get full details about each program.
So, guys, this was all about the Western U. It is one such university of health sciences which is like the right stop for your search. The courses are taught by professionals who themselves are highly qualified and experienced. Students are kept as a top priority, and you will get all kind of facilities too. Education provided is of top quality, and that is what we seek for.
I hope you liked the information. If you did, then do let me know your views in the comment section below and also do subscribe to my Blog for more such helpful and informative articles.
If you have any query regarding this article or for any online assignment help, you can email us on the id given on our website. We would love to guide and help you. Thank you for reading. ðŸ™‚