2. A brief methodology
3. Sources of secondary data, data presentation and analysis
4. Accurate referencing, use of correct English and logical sequences
between sentences and paragraphs
5. Topic presentation (for on-campus students)/ topic discussion on
the unit Moodle side (for distance mode students)
Place Order For A Top Grade Assignment Now
We have some amazing discount offers running for the studentsPlace Your Order
Entrepreneurship is one of the major sources which develop new values in the society as well as in the marketplace. It is considered as the backbone of the economy and economic development. But, there is a significant gender imbalance in this field. The rate of women entrepreneur in the country is far less than their male counterparts (Kirzner, 2015). There are significant gender differences in the activities of entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship is a very risky venture. The risk involved in the entrepreneurship discourage nearly half of the population to not to participate in entrepreneurial activities. It has been found that the intensity of risk is much higher in case of women, which discourage them to involve in entrepreneurial activities (Poggesi et al., 2016). Apart from this, there are several factors which affect the performance and success of female entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship is very significant from the economic development perspective. It also helps in decreasing inequalities in terms of social classes, race, gender, etc. The factors which affect entrepreneurial activities and performance and success of female entrepreneurship, in general, are perceived risk, access to finance, social security, potential reward, and access to childcare (Ibeh, 2017). The pattern of male and female entrepreneur shows that all over the world including Australia females are less likely to involve in entrepreneurial activities. From a study is has been found that in Australia 54% male shows their intention to participate in entrepreneurial activities while only 45% female shows their intention to engage in own business (Ramadani et al., 2015).
The role of women in economic development is very important. And hence women should be motivated and encouraged to participate in entrepreneurial activities in order to boost the economic development.
Aim and Objectives
The research proposal focuses on determining the major factors which affect the performance as well as the success of female entrepreneur in Australia. The following are the objectives of this research proposal;
• To determine the current rate of a female entrepreneur in Australia
• To analyze the factors affecting the performance and success of female entrepreneur in Australia
• To analyze the key benefits of female engaging in entrepreneurial activities from the economic perspective
To accurately analyze and determine the factors which affect the performance and success of female entrepreneurship in Australia qualitative, as well as quantitative research methodologies, would be employed. A mixed methodology would provide a deep insight into the matter of concern.
• Literature Review: literature review is one of the best methods to analyze and determines the factors affecting the performance and success of female entrepreneurship in Australia. The literature review provides insight into the current performance of female entrepreneurs in Australia, the rate of a female entrepreneur in Australia, as well as factors affecting their performance and success. To collect the data, academic literature would be analyzed. Apart from this, government data, as well as academic journals, would be used for the same purpose.
• Interviews: it is important to support the data extracted from secondary sources, therefore, for this purpose interview would be conducted. The population of the interview would be an active female entrepreneur.
Secondary Data and Data Analysis Methods
This study would include primary as well as secondary data, but the majority of data would be collected through secondary data. Data regarding the rate of female entrepreneurship in Australia would be collected through government data which is available online. To measure their performance and success about major factors academic journal as well as academic literature would be analyzed.
The collected data would be analyzed with the help of statistical tools correlation and regression analysis. This method would help in establishing a relationship between the factors and the performance and success of female entrepreneurship.
Kirzner, I. M. (2015). Competition and entrepreneurship. University of Chicago Press.
Ramadani, V., Gerguri-Rashiti, S., & Fayolle, A. (Eds.). (2015). Female entrepreneurship in transition economies: Trends and challenges. Springer.
Poggesi, S., Mari, M., & De Vita, L. (2016). What’s new in female entrepreneurship research? Answers from the literature. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 12(3), 735-764.
Ibeh, E. M. (2017). Factors affecting the performance of women entrepreneurs. JWEE, (1-2), 39-50.