In this article, I will discuss with you “How to write reflection paper”. I will also provide you with reflection paper examples that will support you in your English Literature homework or assignment.
I’m writing this article because I got a huge number of mail and suggestions from student to write on this topic, one of the students said: “I want to do my assignment on own, please write an article that will help me”. So on your request, I’m going to tell you everything about a reflection paper.
In this section, I will tell you the definition of a reflection paper. “What is a reflection paper?” – This is the main question you have to answer while composing a reflection paper.
Since there are different kinds of reflection papers, it is quite obvious that a student gets confused with the characteristics. Now, let us try to answer what is a reflection paper and what are the particular highlights and qualities in a reflection paper.
A reflection paper is a systematic piece of academic writing, that includes student’s thoughts, something like a book, motion picture, person, event, and many more. An author must discuss something in a story format in his reflection paper.
Most students commit mistakes while composing a reflection paper. They usually get confused and compare such work with a persuasive paper. A persuasive paper is a totally different type of writing, each with its very own purpose.
The writer isn’t expected to explain to the reader that his perspective is reality. The author’s task is to reflect his own belief. In any case, this doesn’t mean that the reader can have his own point of view on a similar subject.
Reflection paper comprises of 2 sections:
Description – As a writer, your reflection paper reflects all the facts that we find while watching a movie or reading any book (everything will go in a story format that will attract the reader’s attention.
Self-Opinion – Assessment of individual experience. You need to give your own opinion or thoughts.
Types of Reflection Paper
Now, I will discuss the types of Reflection Paper. The kind of reflection paper you are prided with will decide the real process of writing a reflection paper.
- Educational – You will give your response to a lecture, film, or book that you see or write in your academics, teachers give this to students to know what students have learned so far.
- Professional – This is a technique for examining your professional behavior, especially among social workers and teachers.
- Personal – This is a procedure to investigate your feelings and thoughts on an individual subject.
“Do you know that educational reflection papers are the most well-known and used!”
Let us now discuss how to write a reflection paper.
How to write Reflective Paper?
In a reflection paper, you will express what you think and ideas about specific facts, things, thoughts, events. This is commonly known as a self-reflection paper. This type of paper has decent writing and basic reasoning skills.
To ease things for you, I will discuss a short example with you. You might have seen numerous movies within this couple of years. Do you have the desire to share your beliefs about it? In a case that you like doing it, the most ideal route is to compose a reflective paper to tell your loved ones concerning your feelings and that film.
This type of reflection is not restricted to movies only; You can show your emotions in detail regarding the movie, the occasion, an individual or even your preferred travels. So what makes a good reflection paper?
Reflection paper guidelines
- While writing a reflective paper, write point to point. Never go for the passive voice or long sentences. Though it is a subjective paper, you must write crisp and expressive or else it will become hard to understand what you are trying to say.
- Gather all the thoughts and ideas together. Think about all the main themes of discussion. Themes will act like key points that need to be discussed. Now once you gather the thoughts, try to do a bit of self-monitoring. Ask yourself why such ideas came to your mind. For instance, some previous visual or auditory memory may trigger your reaction when you see similar things again.
- Come up with various questions. You are writing about your own experiences and perspective. Therefore, you should focus on questions that are coming in your mind. For example, if you are writing on a book, talk about its themes and characters. Relate yourself to it and express your own opinion on it. You can discuss cultural issues or societal evils. You can find some good topics on reflection paper here.
- Keep the correct structure. Essays and reflection papers follow the same structure. That is they have an introduction, body, and conclusion. Write your expectations in the beginning. In the introduction, part mention what you are thinking about the topic and what are your expectations for it. Also, remember to write an appropriate thesis statement for your paper. You need to choose the right vocabulary. Know your audience and then use the words that can be understood easily. In the body, you should focus on key points and write a paragraph on every key point.
These are the guidelines to compose a flawless piece of reflective writing. However, students who are still unsure about reflective writing skills can take paper help service online to get done with the reflective paper assignment.
A good reflective paper
Some of the qualities of a perfect reflection paper are:
- A well-written reflection paper reflects your point of view and investigation about any event you’ve seen, a film you’ve seen, a book you’ve read, or even an individual you’ve seen.
- A perfect reflection paper demonstrates your knowledge of work, with a change in any of your thoughts with possibilities of getting used later on.
- You can also utilize reflective questions to produce a few thoughts and feelings related to your encounters.
- With a decent reflection paper, you can also attract the entire community.
Tips for writing a reflection paper
- You as a writer should apply some descriptive techniques to your content. Simply write your considerations or ideas that reflect a clear message. Your content should tell your thoughts clearly. Your readers must be able to understand what you are trying to say.
- Keep in mind that your paper has to be in a story style. But is it is a scholarly paper, then you should keep it formal as it is possible.
- The structure of your essay must be really conventional. Think about composition an introduction, principal body passage, end. This is the most ideal approach to begin in a case that you have to figure out how to compose a reflection paper.
- As a writer, you should not forget that it is important to use your own understanding. Get a few facts and other general stuff ready to reflect your thoughts.
- Composing a reflecting paper is all about personal understanding. Even though the experience must fit in the subject and it should be exclusive. As a writer, you should not try to push your whole experience into an essay. Simply get the right and most significant events to reflect your subject.
- You should not attempt to compose the whole paper at once. You have your own mind map to make everything look excellent. Simply follow it and your principle direction.
- Your paper must not be a free-flow analysis. All ideas must be exceptionally organized and clear.
Now I will tell you the format for writing a reflection paper.
Format for writing a reflective paper
In a case that you don’t know about the format of a reflection paper, don’t worry, you can search for Assignment Writing Service which can guide you. I will tell you in this article about the format of reflection paper and you will be able to understand the format of a reflection paper. You should follow this format of reflection paper which I’m going to tell you. In most of the cases, academic instructors usually recommend the utilization of drafting of the Modern Language Association (MLA) format.
Why they prefer this? This is on the fact that the MLA style of drafting permits secondary school students with the least complex configuration that can assist them with presenting themselves casually.
Following is the format of MLA:
- The 1-inch margin for the borders should be there at the top, sides, and bottom.
- 8 ½” by 11 is the recommended size of the page with white color.
- Most of the teachers ask their students to apply double spaces paras.
- Times New Roman or Ariel is the recommended font.
- 12 points are the recommended size of the font.
- A general reflective paper is around 300 to 500 words in length.
Things to include in Reflection Paper
1. Topic and Subject selection
The topic and subject commonly incorporate a book, fiction film, talk, etc. that a classroom environment considers. Students are also provided with a different task of writing a reflection paper. This task can be writing on their own experiences in connection with the subject. The chosen topic can be considered as the structure of your reflection essay.
2. Outline development and Brainstorming session
Taking notes and concentrating, can keep your ideas in control and make your writing effective. You can begin by writing a couple of sentences identified with your topic. You can follow them as points of note-taking to build up your remaining article. Even though, as a major aspect of brainstorming, it is important to remember to express your feeling. You can compose a good reflection paper after having a brainstorming session.
3. Organization of Reflection Paper
Typically a reflection paper is written in 300-700 words. Before writing a reflection paper, take some time and think of the ideas that were generated in your mind while doing a brainstorming session. This will help in organizing your reflection paper. Organizing your reflection paper is very important, as without this, you will not be able to write the main body.
4. Implement some reflection question
Question-related to the matter of your subject should be included. This will help you in deciding the topic and subject of your essay. You can ask various questions to your readers that will attract them to further read your article to get the solution.
5. Start with your strong introduction
The introduction is very important while composing your reflection paper. While writing the introduction you should be exact about your point in a few lines that will clearly express your conclusion. A reader will read your article only if your introduction is very attractive.
6. Concentrating on the Thesis Sentence
After a solid introduction, you have to build a thesis sentence in the basic section that explains your expectations, opinions, and thoughts regarding the topic. The thesis gives focus and harmony on your reflective paper.
7. Interpretation of the idea in the body
While writing a reflection paper’s body, you need to clarify the thesis. You should describe your whole story with this section. You must include evidence to support your thesis.
8. Closing Comments
This is the conclusion of your reflection paper. Depending on your thoughts and expectations, you will need to summarize the concluding remarks based on your ideas and feelings in about two to three sentences.
How to compose a reflection paper on a book?
It is important to realize how to write a reflective essay on a book – each potential writer or analyst should know this. As a blogger would profit by having this information since a lot of individuals choose whether to read a book or watch a film depending on reviews from top bloggers.
When you get the chance to write a reflection paper on a book. Try to remain true with it. Never copy the content from different websites. It will never be a successful option. You will be caught by the examiner or professor. Therefore, do some hard work as well as smart work. Read the book and take help from the online paper writing websites such as myassignmenthelperonline.com or Udemy. Such websites will provide you complete reflection paper or reference material on your book. Now have a look at how to write a reflection paper for a book on your own.
- Start your reflection paper on a book by mentioning the author. Provide a brief description of the author. Tell more about his other work and proposed theories.
- Provide a summary of the book on which you are writing your reflection paper. Talk about the important parts of that book.
- Focus on the issues discussed in the book by the writer. Take up a few issues and write about them in a brief manner. You can also provide your own impressions about the issues and possible solutions for them.
- There are many allusions used in a book. Explain them one by one. There is no need to explain it all. Just talk about those that are related to the topic on which you are writing a reflection paper.
- React to reading, share your impressions.
These are the points you need to remember before you start writing the reflection paper on a book. Remember one thing, a reflection paper is a reflection of your thoughts, experiences, perspective related to the book. Therefore, read the book thoroughly. Do not miss any point or never state those things which you have not read in it.
Points to remember
- Title of the book
- Writer’s information in brief
- Summary of the plot
- Analysis of the main character
- Reder’s reaction
How to write an article reflection paper on an article
Just like the book, reflection paper on an article is to provide an opinion or criticism of that article. You might have read various articles over the internet or in the new magazines. Often you may like an article or feel different opinions on any subject. In such situations, you may write a reflective paper expressing your opinions and views regarding the article. Here you need not write about the article topic, rather talk about the things mentioned in the article and whether you are supporting them or disapproving them. Follow these steps to make a riveting reflection paper for yourself.
- While composing an article reflection, one must be opinionated and give reactions to the article or reading material.
- In the reflection paper present your feelings. What have you felt while reading the article? Was it an overwhelming piece of writing? Did it generate any emotions in you?
- Give personal experience related to the topic. For instance, you are reading an article on fire in the woods, your reminiscence of a similar event can be shared in the reflection paper.
- Never do a summary of the article in the reflection paper. It should be critical and dogmatic.
- It should be well organized and tone should be a formal one.
- The conclusion should provide your learnings through that article.
- You can provide improvements as well while writing the conclusion.
- One can provide a different conclusion to the article. You can come up with an analysis of the article which never happened in the past.
Where to get a free reflection paper example and get help?
When you read this guide, you will see how to compose a reflective paper. Obviously, an elegantly written guide is useful however nobody would deny that having a refective paper example is more useful. As per a famous saying, it is smarter to see once than listen a thousand times. This is the reason we offer you a look at a quality example, with the goal that you have a superior understanding of how to compose an important part of the reflective paper.
We would suggest downloading our free reflection paper example. Keep it before your eyes and use it as a layout but maintain a distance from copying the whole sentence or the ideas of another creator, as it will be captured in plagiarism and you may get fail in your examination.
In the event of any issues with homework, rely on Allassignmenthelp.com. Whenever you experience considerable difficulties thinking of an attractive reflective paper thought, contact our paper writing experts who will enable you to compose a great paper before the deadline.
Example of Reflection Paper
This is just an example to help you, please don’t copy-paste this, as you will be caught in plagiarism and your university may take action on you.
This is a professional reflection paper.
Topic: Reflection on differences in Media
This media is an expression from the field of criticism and was affected by two important scholars of communication – Michel Foucault and Stuart Hall. A “discourse” is an uncommon method for discussing a subject – it contains implications that are understood by gatherings of individuals or by a specific culture. For instance, there is a “discourse” about illegal migrants, or “discourse” about the psychological illness.
Sample 1: SBS, upholds dominant discourse and possibly disempowers difference.
Recently a meta-analysis of the effects of meditation on a systematic review and spiritual practice, essentially, that there is no evidence that it works. I find these results completely insecure, and before concluding that an event is real, they re-highlight the need for rigorous research. It is especially essential to inquire about this reality in characterizing an idea that the event is genuine or not. In a case that you have an inquiry, “Does x exist,” at that point, you have a meaning of X. Else it is not difficult to misunderstand the proof incorrectly, or it is easy to escape the evidence that X is absent. Its best example in medicine is needles therapy.
Needle therapy is characterized as the glue of thin needles in needle therapy focuses – aside from that when inquire about demonstrates that it doesn’t make a difference whether the needle is cement, either needle therapy can be whatever else, which is characterized by vague.
When you have a definition, with an obviously identified variable, you can consider if those factors framing the occasion being referred to have an impact. For the mind – what is the impact of rest, reflection, or daydreaming? Do brains vary in different approaches to accomplish these same impacts? Maybe mediocrity is simply relaxation, or maybe any perceived impact originates from the stress of your life, for a period occupied.
At the end of the day, the brain cannot be a real thing, but rather there is just a single technique to accomplish other essential states like unwinding. This case shows up based on long stretches of research, supporters should guarantee this situation, “Reflection is a powerful technique for unwinding, which can profit,” No ” Mindfulness is a one of a kind phenomenon with particular and remarkable advantages. “
There are unique ideological convictions in the discourse. In control, “powerful talk” is made by those individuals, and it turns into an adequate method for taking a gander at (or talking about it) this point since it is rehashed. During the war in Iraq, there was a noteworthy talk about patriotism, which was made by the President and his organization and was communicated through the media. The individuals who were disappointed with this discourse were reproached and they were called loyalists.
The key discourse is spoken, written and functional expectations that we offer inside a social group. This makes it standard, which implies that it depends on our desires as a social group. Since standards are regularly out of awareness, it additionally makes these standard desires from awareness, which causes numerous unpredictable doubts. The key discourse is the accumulation of desires we accept. It is an indication of socialization by major or basic leadership gatherings. Major discourse gives us the current “acknowledged” standards of business winning by our chiefs.
Sample 2: Social Media Promotes a better opportunity for alternative voices to be heard.
Social media is something worth being thankful for or a bad thing? All things considered, always everything has opposite sides; It relies upon your point of view on how you realize it. This is similar to social media; most people respect it as revolutionary creations and some accept it as a negative impact on society. With the social system, we can convey our voice and perceptions with an extensive number of followers on different subjects and raise our voices. The facility of sharing available on the social system reaches your assessment about any subject to an extensive number of individuals (even for the individuals who are not in your friend’s list). We have the alternative to make groups with individuals who are rationally and offer related news with them and get some information about the subject. We have numerous alternatives accessible to speak with others on these social systems.
Media, also a type of best content on a given web-based social networking stage, has an extensive impact on settling on first decisions, which stages are incorporated into your voice and second, what parts of your image personality incorporate-on that stage. In a case that your image personality is bright and outwardly empowering, you can incorporate Facebook and Instagram in your raising your voice and pick delightful photography to express more typical parts of your image. In the case that leadership is an imperative part of your image brand, you may jump at the chance to centre around LinkedIn through dynamic investment in blog posting and different thought leaders.
Hi, I am Susan White. I am a Senior Marketing Executive and Content Editor at AllAssignmentHelp.com. For the past few years I have been working with this company. I hope you liked the post above from one of our team members. If you want to share any improvements or want some more on this blog, please share your request on our email email@example.com.
I have been in this academic industry for a very long time. You can know more about me from my LinkedIn profile. Below are some of my achievements that I prize:
– Successfully published five academic research papers in the marketing field
– Assisted hundreds of students get best grades in their courses
– Regularly helping my colleagues do their best at their job
– Toured several places around the world in the past five years!
– A proud mother of a kid! 🙂
Thank you again for reading this article. I look forward to your feedback and continued support.